Search This Blog

Friday, February 3, 2012

Primal Footwear: Vibram Five Fingers

I've been working out barefoot/socks a lot lately.  Especially on my leg and back days when I'm needing the most stability and driving force with my feet for exercises like squats, deadlifts, etc.  I feel a lot better and i've noticed my calves and feet getting stronger since i've done this.   The only issue here is, if any of the gym staff notice it, they get on me about it because they require shoes while in the weight room.  So I've resorted to keeping my laces loose and kicking them off on my sets and then putting them back on.  Needless to say, this gets really annoying and wastes time.

The last week or so, I've been hearing a lot about Vibram Five Fingers shoes.  These shoes are pretty awesome, and designed to simulate being barefoot while still giving you a little bit of protection.  Plus the gym staff couldn't say anything to me about not having shoes on.  Right now i'm leaning towards the KomodoSport model, which was new in 2011 and seem to offer the best of all the features I would need.

Here's the link to them:  http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/Five-Fingers-Komodo-Sport-Mens.htm

I've been watching a bunch of youtube video reviews on the different models.  If anyone reading has any input on these drop a comment.  I'd love to find a store to try some on at, but I may  just have to guess on size and order online.

No comments:

Post a Comment